Krave Beauty Review: YouTubes Darling Creates Simple Skin Care
The beauty industry is crazy. There are thousands upon thousands of products, with someone always pushing you to try the newest and best. Reviews are abundant, and you never know what you should or shouldn’t trust. It’s hard to tell who’s a paid sponsorship and who’s just talking about the product.
YouTubers are one of the go-to marketing platforms for most beauty products. However, there are also YouTubers out there that truly want to make a difference. I have seriously struggled with my skin since the time I was in middle school. From severe acne problems to dry patchiness, you name it, I’ve had to figure out how to deal with it. Because of that, I’ve tried more skincare hype products than I can count.
Regularly a new product would seem to be working only to end up doing more damage than good. A cleanser that was great for the first few days but left my skin completely dried out, or a moisturizer that left my skin oily and feeling like I’d slept in a deep fryer. So, when a YouTuber I already liked with over a million subscribers launched a product, I sat up and took notice.
I jumped on the Krave Beauty products as quickly as possible, and even though I was hopeful, I wasn’t expecting much. After all, it was just another YouTuber putting out another beauty product, or so I thought.
I was really surprised when I got the products by just how simple they were. I started off with the core products. Two, yep, you read that right, two products. A Cleanser with hydration and a cream moisturizer. I put away all the other overpriced, overhyped beauty products I had and decided to try nothing but the Krave Beauty products. I’m never going back. I spend less, especially with their great deals, and my skin is happy and healthy.
What And Who is Krave Beauty?
- Krave Beauty is a brand of skin care products developed by Liam Yoo, a YouTuber with over a million subscribers. It was founded in 2017. With years of experience in the beauty industry, she wanted to create something better and easier than the options she found. Feeling like the industry overwhelmed consumers, she wanted to do something different, and their motto became press reset.
- Her videos always focused on dealing with difficult skin issues like acne or sensitive skin. The longer she was on YouTube, the more her channel became educational. She wanted to share with her viewers what she was learning about the beauty industry. She became known for doing frank videos to demystify the beauty industry and all the skin care problems that come along with it.
- That interest in sharing with the people turned into wanting to create something that, as the company slogan goes, would press the reset button on your skin.
- The idea is to give your skin what it needs instead of everything the industry tells you to use.
- They are a vegan-friendly company as well as cruelty-free. All the products are free from added fragrances or colors, which often cause problems for people with sensitive skin. They only produce a handful of products because, in reality, that’s all your skin needs.
- One focus of Krave Beauty as a company was to be simple and transparent, with minimal products that worked. Sure, profit is involved, but unlike most beauty industry businesses, they aren’t creating and dropping new products every quarter just to boost the bottom line.
- Instead, they offer the basic products most skin types need to be healthy. Vegan products are hard to come by in the beauty industry, and though you’d think all products would be cruelty-free, it’s simply not the truth. They offer both of those things.
- New to skincare or just frustrated with the unending onslaught of advice? Then this is the right company and products for you. The underlying motivation for the entire company is to provide the necessary skincare products without all the complications and excess in the industry these days.
From The Mouths of Customers
It’s easy for a company to fake their own content, but when you can find great reviews on other sites, that’s when you know the product has value.
1- “I’ve been using Krave for the past few years, and overall, I really do like them! My skin is currently normal/combination (previously oily/combo), acne prone, mild rosacea along the jawline, and can get a little flaky in the winter on my cheeks and forehead.
2- “The Great Barrier Relief is a superstar HG for me – it really calms down my skin if it’s angry about anything (over exfoliation, flaky, mild sun irritation, not liking some other new product, etc), tones down the rosacea, and really helps hydrate and nourish and strengthen my skin barrier. GBR is an absolute must for my fall/winter skin routine and more occasional during spring/summer. It’s great in the winter to help deal with how dry my skin can get from indoor heating/low humidity along with cold winds. In the winter I use it morning and night; summer I usually just use it in the evening. One bottle lasts around 5 months using 1.5-2 pumps/use.
3- “Matcha Hemp Cleanser: I was put off a little bit by the jelly texture in the beginning, but I came to really like it. I do like how it does a good cleanse without stripping my skin – my face feels normal and balanced after I’m done. In comparison, my skin feels tight after I use the Laneige cream cleanser. The cleanser lasts a decent amount for me as well – around 5-6 months? User u/raindropskies on Reddit.
4- “The Hemp Matcha cleanser is the only one I’ll use! I’m super prone to breakouts, and this has been the perfect, gentle cleanser to keep my skin calm. This has quickly become a product I can’t live without. The Kale Exfoliant is the first one I’ve ever used that Hasn’t stripped my skin while still being effective. The Great Barrier I use a couple times a week. It relief feels moisturizing and purifying. While it does have A strong smell, I don’t mind it. Recommendation from Jason Sasha Ewbank on Facebook.
5- “The Great Barrier Relief is absolutely amazing. The cold winter damaged my skin so badly that nothing helped. I found out about this product and wanted to try it immediately. Within LESS THAN 1 WEEK my skin is already absorbing moisture and looking healthy again. Definitely recommended, this is my new HG.Nadhila Savirta, Trustpilot review.
Krave Beauty does something that almost no other line has thought to do. They’ve cut out the excess. They sell their products in two lines, the Core Series, which consists of two products, and the Supplement Series, which only has four products right now. They’ve updated and changed the supplement series over the years. Though they keep the products simple and limited to the basics.
- When compared to other high-end influencer-created cleansers, this one is a steal.
- The Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser makes up their base product. It’s loaded with antioxidants and designed to remove the daily dirt from your skin and environmental debris but not strip it like most cleansers. It’s gentle so that you’re not drying out your skin.
- Skin also naturally has a barrier that protects it from damage and keeps it hydrated. Most cleansers are so rough that they completely remove that layer each time you wash it, leavening your skin severely dried out and unprotected.
- As someone with sensitive acne-prone skin, this is critical. My face needs to be clean, but if it’s too harsh, it takes every drop of moisture out with it. So, I was thrilled to learn that the Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser lived up to the hype.
- It works so well because it’s got simple but powerful ingredients. First on the list is where the name comes from. This skin care cleanser actually contains matcha, and that’s because it’s loaded with antioxidants.
- You might be surprised to learn that green tea and matcha are the same plant; they’re simply cultivated differently. We’ve known about green tea’s immense benefits and strong antioxidants for hundreds of years. There’ve been countless studies on green tea and overall health. Still, the beauty industry has recently noticed matcha cultivation for skin protection and benefits. A recent review of multiple studies suggests many benefits from the green tea plant, from improving dermatitis to acne.
- Hemp seed oil is next on the ingredient list, and it’s known for its ability to hydrate the skin and adds essential amino acids. Hemp-based products are becoming increasingly popular. Studies have shown that it not only has a moisturizing effect but may also help to control oil production. More so, it’s been shown to benefit those dealing with eczema.
- The next primary ingredient used is Vitamins B5, a common ingredient for hydrating cleansers but a great extra boost in combination with matcha and hemp.
Cost: $16.00 for 4.05 Fl Oz
- The only other product in the core series is the Oat So Simple Water Cream.
- Water creams are a slightly different type of moisturizer than a standard facial cream for those who have never tried them. Moisturizers trap existing moisture and help improve the skin’s natural barrier. On the other hand, water creams are water-based and absorb into the skin to increase the moisture level. Water cream deeply moisturizes in a way that other creams cannot.
- The texture of these may be surprising to newcomers, as well as they have a non-sticky but gel texture. This makes them feel much lighter than more traditional moisturizers. One thing to note is that the nature of the naturally-derived ingredients they use may change textures slightly from batch to batch. If your second jar is somewhat different, don’t stress over it. It’s perfectly normal.
- The name comes from the oatmeal extract used for its calming and therapeutic properties.
- Products with oatmeal have been used to help restore moisture, calm irritated skin, and improve the natural skin microbiome that protects us from the sun’s damaging rays. Studies have shown oatmeal can be effective for helping to calm irritated skin as well as help rebuild natural protection.
- This is perfect for those who have sensitive skin, as its simple formula makes it calming and less likely to cause unwanted reactions.
- This product is perfect for a daily moisturizer, especially for anyone with difficult skin.
- Think of these foundational products as the absolute bare minimum care you should use on your skin. Using just the cleanser and the water cream for my daily routine has immensely simplified my life.
Cost: 28.00 for 2.7Fl Oz
Transform Your Skin
The next product line they offer is all supplemental to the Krave Beauty Core Series. That’s because they, like any other “supplement,” are used in addition to your basic skincare regime.
- First up in the supplement section is the Makeup Re-Wind. They call it a transforming Jelly Oil Cleanser. Makeup Re-Wined is a unique spin on a makeup remover.
- Makeup Re-Wined is a deep cleaning formula perfect for when you’ve got heavier makeup on from a night out or lots of sunscreen for protecting your face while you’re on the beach.
- Again, the texture may take you by surprise for those new to natural skin care products. This is a jelly, and it even jiggles. Like a balm oil cleanser with the heat of your hands, it becomes a smooth oil you can use to clean even the most difficult makeup off your dry face. Then, add a bit of water with your hands to turn the oil into a milky cleanser to finish washing your face.
- It’s designed to take off even the most difficult makeup challenges like that waterproof mascara you love or even the siren-style eyeliner that seems to be forever. Highly pigmented shadows in reds, black, or neon, are no problem for this advanced multi-stage cleanser.
Cost: $25.00 for 3.38 Fl Oz
Okay, so the name might be a little much, but this is an exfoliant that won’t destroy your skin.
- Kale-Lalu-yAHA is an AHA-based exfoliator with Glycolic Acid at 5.25%. Glycolic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid. This product has a pH of 3.5-4.0, making it strong but not over the top. It’s one of the most used anti-aging agents, and for a good reason.
- AHAs have been shown to help cellular renewal, according to an article from the Department of Pharmaceutics, Nanotechnology Research Center, and Faculty of Pharmacy, Ahvaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences. They’ve also been found to help lighten age spots, help with breakouts, encourage natural hydration, and give overall softer skin.
- This is one of those products you only use once or twice a week for the best results. It’s a lower acid content than other options on the market to help protect the natural skin biome.
- Next up in the ingredient lineup is the first part of this product’s name. Kale, it’s good for you and you don’t need to eat it this time.
- When you’re exfoliating, it’s important to have ingredients that help boost and replenish your skin simultaneously. In Krave Beauties Kale-Lalu-yAHA, the antioxidants and vitamins derived from Kale does just that.
- Kale contains vitamins C, B, A, and K, along with more necessary antioxidants. With long-term use, vitamin C can help protect from UV damage and smooth wrinkles. One study published in the Indian Dermatology Online Journal showed that it works as a depigmenting agent and can encourage collagen production. It also points out that Vitamin E can improve the efficacy of vitamin C.
- It’s a mid-priced exfoliant with all the right ingredients. Strong enough to do the job but not so acidic that you’ll be red for a week.
Cost: 25.00 for 6.76 FL Oz
- This is probably their most talked about and most loved product. It’s been featured in many YouTube videos apart from the creator’s product breakdown.
- Great Barrier Relief is their best seller and most popular product. It’s a serum that aims to provide relief for sensitive skin. Often cleansers and other products we use disrupt the skin’s natural barrier that helps to protect it. The Great Barrier Relief serum uses ingredients that help to restore the skin’s natural protectant.
- One of the main ingredients in this product is tamanu oil. This oil contains Calophyllum inophyllum and comes from an evergreen tree that grows along the sea. It’s got healing properties, including, as one article points out, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Next up, we have niacinamide, a fairly typical ingredient for skin care. One article in the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology points out that niacinamide can repair the skin barrier. It can also improve skin moisture, help with acne, and even the skin’s surface and tone.
- Honestly, if you’re going to add one product on top of the core series, this is the one I most highly recommend.
Cost: $28.00 1.52 Fl Oz
- Last up from their supplements line is the Great Body Relief. As the name implies, this is for your whole body with the same relief and repair style as the above serum.
- Like me, I bet you’ve looked for the perfect body lotion for years. Even though hundreds of new lotions have come on the market, there is always a problem. Well, you are in for a pleasant surprise regarding Great Body Relief. It’s a lightweight, affordable, and nourishing body lotion.
- It uses skin conditioning oils that absorb rather than leave behind a greasy layer.
- The rest of your skin needs the same TLC that Krave Beauty offers for their face products, and this was the perfect answer. Like your face, the rest of your skin should also have a natural barrier to protect it from the sun and pollutants. Unfortunately, it’s often destroyed by harsh cleansers and neglect.
- Great Body Relief is designed to help encourage and nourish that natural barrier back to a healthy condition.
- Ceramides are fatty acids that help to moisturize and protect the skin. As we age and if we neglect our skin, these fatty acids can be lacking. Great Body Relief helps restore those fatty acids, which comprise a huge percentage of the natural skin barrier.
- Like the Great Barrier Relief serum, it also contains the primary ingredient, tamanu oil, which, as we know, helps to moisturize even tough skin.
- The primary difference between the two products is that the lotion is for all over your body and has a much lighter feel and a softer natural scent. It might be last in the product lineup, but it isn’t the least. Absolutely one of my go-to daily use products.
Cost: $25.00 for 6.76 Fl Oz
Pros & Cons
- Reasonable Prices
- High-Quality Ingredients
- Science-Based Formulation
- Great Customer Feedback
- Easy To Use
- PETA Certified Cruelty-Free
- Environmentally friendly
- Small Product Selection
- Limited Availability
- Sells Out Often
Who Is Krave Beauty Right For?
Krave is designed really for nearly any skin type. Normal skin types will benefit as much as those with sensitive skin. However, those with acute or troublesome skin often have difficulty finding the appropriate products that match that description.
They’re free from any extras like unnecessary fragrance oils or dies. If you’re also concerned about sustainability and the environment, you’ll be happy to know that this is an excellent product. They even have recycling instructions in their product descriptions for the containers. They are constantly trying to ensure they lower their carbon footprint.
How to Buy Krave Beauty
Top 3 Ways to Save On Krave Beauty Products
I’m always looking for a way to get the best deal on the highest quality of products. Krave Beauty qualifies for quality, so I searched for the best discounts to share with you. However, they do not offer sales. They’ve gone out of their way to ensure regular prices stay as low as possible. But just because they don’t have sales doesn’t mean there aren’t ways for you to save.
- Subscriptions are only available for US Customers.
- Subscriptions go out via standard shipping. If you move, you can edit your address at any time in your account settings.
- Be sure to save changes and update before your shipment date.
- There are no cancelation penalties, and you can cancel at any time.
- It’s all done on the accounts page. However, you can also skip or change the date of your next subscription instead if you’d rather.
- To help stop resale, there are limits on orders. Max total of $350.00 only five of each product and seven items in total. If you have further questions, you can always reach their customer service by email.
- If you receive a damaged product, emailthem as soon as possible, and they’ll take care of any problems. Be sure not to throw anything away as you’ll need photos.
- Google Pay
- Apple Pay
- and Amazon Pay.
They are also able to accept prepaid visa gift cards.
- Krave Beauty, to help reduce its environmental impact, does not take physical returns. They do, however, offer refunds on an individual basis, depending on the circumstances.
- Suppose your products arrived damaged or defective in some way. In that case, they take responsibility for that and will send you a replacement rather than ask you to return anything.
- However, suppose you’re dissatisfied with your order for some other reason. In that case, they ask that you simply reach out to the customer service department within thirty days of your delivery. They’ll do their best to offer you some sort of resolution.